Wednesday, April 23, 2008

More Retreat Photos


I want to share some additional photos taken at our recent retreat. I would like to thank all these talented ladies for giving me permission to post pictures of their beautiful work.


Everyone had such a great time and we are planning another retreat in September.

Pictured above (left) is Pat and Diana busy working on their projects.

On the right is a small wall hanging done by Karen. There are 20 blocks, each measuring about 2 1/2" and embellished with delicate lace and beautiful seam treatments.



Karen has also done this fish wall hanging pictured on the right. The body of the fish is crazy quilted in small blocks and cut to shape. Each tail in pieced in a fan shape.




The photo on the left is Karen busy at work in the kitchen. We all helped with cooking and the clean up afterward. Thank goodness for dishwashers!


Pictured below is Janet, Susie and Deborah. We had a mini dyeing lesson on the front porch. I was sharing the technique my dear friend Lynnis uses in edge dyeing her silk ribbons. The current issue of CQMagOnline went live today. I've written an article featuring Lynnis which includes step by step instructions on this dyeing process.




In another post I will share some photos of Connie's beautiful work. She is in the photo on the right surrounded by all those beautiful crazy quilts.



I also want to share some additional photos of the Quilter's Cabin Retreat in Tomball. It is such a beautiful setting and equipped to handle all our needs.
Pictured on the left is the bedroom Julie, Jan and I shared. Home away from home....and so comfortable!


2 comments:

Diane said...

Thank you SO much, Barbara, for mentioning The Quilter's Cabin in your blog. It was a pleasure to host your group, and I'm still in awe of the wealth of talent your group has been blessed with. Looking forward to your next visit -
Diane in Texas
www.quilterscabin.com

Karen said...

Thanks for sharing your retreat photos. You have pictures of my friend Karen posted. She said she learned lots at the retreat and really enjoyed herself.
Your work is beautiful!