Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A Little of This and a Little of That

I have to share a picture with you of my dear friend, Julie (Jules) Notice the beautiful pin she is pointing to. It is a wonderful likeness of Julie painted by another dear friend, Stephanie.

I have been blessed with so many wonderful friends and the majority of them are also fabulous artists. I didn't get a close-up of the pin but Julie posted it to her blog. Be sure and check it out.

I've been busy writing articles for CQMagOnline. The April issue should be posted online the last part of the month. This is a busy time for all of us who write for the magazine and especially busy for Rissa, our editor.

I've written an article on another dear friend's edge-dyeing technique. Lynnis has outlined step-by-step instructions that are very easy and I think you will enjoy experimenting with her technique.

I've done a follow-up article on Valerie Hearder's newest book, POINTS OF VIEW. I completed my project, "Autumn Oak" and have written some of the highlights of my experience. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and learned so many new techniques that I can carry over into my crazy quilting.

I have two new products to share with everyone and have written a review on both. Bohin has a wonderful mechanical chalk pencil that is a must. Several in our local CQ Bee have signed up for classes in November with Carole Samples. I've been experimenting with her templates and using this pencil to mark my lines. It work fantastic and can even be erased if the need arises.

Another of my very favorite vendors is Kreinik Threads. They have introduced three new metallic colors to their line and also a 3/8" trim.

My last article will be the Ideas and Inspiration Challenge I issued in January. I have some fabulous work to show you with lots of examples, instructions, and eye candy. You will not want to miss this article - it has lots of inspiring work.

1 comment:

Chasing the Sun said...

I enjoyed reading your posst