Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Great Find.....

I wanted to share with you a wonderful book I just purchased online. It's an EBook that you can download in either a .jpg or .pdf format. In her book, ELEGANT CRAZY QUILT SEAM TREATMENTS, Pam Kellogg shares her technique of using waste canvas to produce a perfect seam treatment. Included in this 42-page book are 12 pages filled with beautiful patterns.

I feel I need to make a confession at this point. Pam suggests in her book that you start with the larger size canvas. I had high expectations of myself so disregarded this valuable bit of advice and started with the 14 count. I strongly recommend beginning with the 8.5 count canvas.

If you have ever dreamed of creating beautifully spaced and precise seam treatments this book is a must. It is well-written and the instructions are easy to follow in both written and diagram form.

2 comments:

Rengin Yazitas said...

Barbara,
This book seems a great source...As you know, I love to create seam treatments in different ways.
Be better to place an order right now, thanks so much for sharing.
Love,

allie aller said...

Barbara, I love this book too! It is a very satisfying way to stitch complicated patterns. The way Pam adds beads to her stitched designs is really great too. Sigh....