Thursday, March 13, 2008

My Billfold Creation


I've always enjoyed creating patterns for purses and even billfolds. On the right side of my blog you will find a link to my webshots if you would like to see some of the purses I've made over the years. Today I thought I would share some pictures of my billfold.

Knowing that it would be handled quite a bit, I was limited with my use of embellishments. My favorite motif is this spray of lilacs. They are done with the bullion stitch.

I chose a beautiful cotton fabric with gold highlights for the lining. The outside pieces are crazy quilted in coordinating colors.

I decided I needed a small change purse for coins and made a little pouch to insert into the wallet. It has ended up being my business card holder.


I really enjoyed making this billfold and even created a pattern just in case I decided to do another one.

No comments: