Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our Annual Wall Hanging

Each year a group of friends get together and create blocks for a wall hanging to be donated to a hospital breast cancer center. Our group evolved from Victoria Adams Brown's Way to Women's Wellness Foundation and her ArtBra creations. We receive so much personal satisfaction and joy by sharing our love of crazy quilting and fiber art.

Everyone loves "eye candy" so today I will share pictures of the blocks that have been completed. Each year we pick a theme and color choices. This year Stephanie suggested butterflies and the colors of Springtime. Her beautiful block is pictured on the right.

Below is Mary's block. You will want to click on each block and see a larger version of the wonderful stitches and embellishments.




The next photo is of Julie's (Jules) block. I love seeing how each one carries out the butterfly theme. (photo below)



Allie's block (photo below) has butterflies in flight similar to Julie's.













Linda has done the next block. The photo I received is smaller but I think you will be able to see all the wonderful stitching.




I have included my two blocks in earlier posts but will add them again.

Vic has received six of the blocks that are pictured here and taken a photo of them together. They blend so beautifully.




I have photos of four blocks that are nearing completion so I will post those as well.




I always look forward to seeing Rengin's work. She uses the oyas on her block which are an ancient needle art of her country, Turkey.


Below is Judith's block.












The last two are made by Jan and Lynnis.












These ladies have done some amazing work and I know you will enjoy browsing through each photo. Should you have any comments or questions on the blocks please leave a comment. We love sharing our work and welcome your input.

1 comment:

Pamela Kellogg said...

Barbara, these are all so beautiful! I love butterflies and could stare at this blocks all day long.