Monday, April 6, 2009

Breakfast at Karen's

Jan, Linda and I went to visit Karen today for a fun day of stitching and visiting. Karen is a member of our Lake Jackson Crazy Quilt Bee but lives about 80 miles north. She comes to Lake Jackson twice a month and we try to visit and stitch in her home once a month.


She is a wonderful hostess and had a warm pecan pie waiting for us today. Jan asked if we might have a piece for breakfast - thus the title: "Breakfast at Karen's" Let me assure you it was an outstanding breakfast!

Karen wanted to make one of my silk roses so we worked on that project today. Pictured here is Karen holding her almost finished rose. She did a beautiful job and I was extremely proud. Another of our friends is opening a new quilt shop and I'll be teaching the Hanah silk rose. This was an excellent opportunity to practice.


Jan worked on her beautiful block for the 2009 ArtBra Ladies wall hanging. Be sure and check the Flickr site on my sidebar where you can see the blocks that are completed so far. This will be another wonderful work of art.





Linda worked on a wool project today. My photography skills were lacking today. I was too busy having fun to worry about my photos. Linda's beautiful project is not visible in this photo and I've cropped the top of Karen's head. I'll try to do better.

1 comment:

Karen said...

The rose looks real!