Thursday, November 6, 2008

Pink Bunny Victorian Stitchery Retreat

I am currectly posting from the wonderful city of Wichita, Kansas. Six of our Lake Jackson CQ Bee are attending Val Bothell's Victorian Stitchery Retreat. Val has organized a fabulous retreat with Carole Samples, Judith Baker Montano and Betty Pillsbury teaching their individual areas of expertise.

Carole is challenging her class members to use her templates to create perfect stacked stitches. The templates are a great aid in creating the wonderful stitches featured in her book: Treasury of Crazy Quilt Stitches. We are having such a great time - wish all of you could join us!


Pictured here are six of our infamous Lake Jackson Crazy Quilt Bee. From left to right: Lynnis, Jan, Linda, Karen, myself and Jules. Perhaps you recognize the Piecemaker's Quilt we are holding - it is beyond beautiful!


2 comments:

allie aller said...

Too much fun!

Barbara, my email to you thanking you for my pictures from Houston bounced back...so just to make sure, thanks again! I really appreciate your sending them.

And have a blast, you lucky girls!

CAROL'S COTTAGE PLACE said...

Barbara, I see you gals are right here in Wichita. I am so tied down right now with my husband's health and his mother's too, that I just couldn't even look into this retreat! Being right here within blocks of Val's house also! But I know you are all having a wonderful time.

Carol Lindberg