Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Hydrangeas in May

I enjoy working with the Sulky Heat-Away and have used this product to make the fence pictured here. It is my understanding they have discontinued the fiber and will only produce the film.

I enjoy using the woven fiber since it works beautifully in a hoop and have not tried the film.

I love the look of the hydrangea growing along the fence line. I was told the soil determines the color of the blossom and all those colors could not grow in the same place. I have chosen to ignore this basic fact and allow my "artistic license" to have free reign. I've used this motif on my May block of the month.

I was introduced to the Sulky Heat-Away product by Valerie Hearder. I had the pleasure of interviewing her and doing a book review in CQMagOnline.com She has an amazing talent and I was so pleased to learn this lovely technique.

1 comment:

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How beautiful are your Hydrangeas!
So glad you shared this with us.
Have a wonderful weekend
Maggie